Department of Fisheries consultancy schemes for fisheries
SCHEME 1 : PMMSY
Pradhan Mantri Matsya Sampada has been approved at a total estimated investment of Rs. 20,050 crores to be implemented over a period of 5 years from FY 2020-21 to FY 2024-25.
PMMSY will be implemented with the following funding pattern
Central Sector Scheme (CS)
(a) The entire project/unit cost will be borne by the Central government (i.e. 100% central funding).
individual/group activities are undertaken by the entities of central government including NFDB, the central assistance will be up to 40% of the unit/project cost for General category and 60% for SC/ST/Women category
Centrally Sponsored Scheme (CSS)
CSS component and sub-components implemented by the States/UTs (Nonbeneficiary orientated):
The entire project/unit cost will be shared between Centre and State as detailed below:
a) North Eastern & Himalayan States: 90% Central share and 10% State share.
b) Other States: 60% Central share and 40% State share.
c) Union Territories (with legislature and without legislature): 100% Central share.
Scheme 2 : Fisheries and Aquaculture Infrastructure Development Fund (FIDF)
- Creation and modernization of capture & culture fisheries infrastructure
- Creation of Marine Aquaculture Infrastructure
- Creation and modernization of Inland Fisheries Infrastructure
- Reduce post-harvest losses and improve domestic marketing facilities through infrastructure support.
- To bridge the resource gap and facilitate completion of ongoing infrastructure projects.
INTEREST SUBVENTION AND LENDING RATE OF INTEREST
Interest subvention : Up to 3% per annum for all EEs for development of identified fisheries based infrastructure facilities
Lending Rate of interest : Not lower than 5% per annum for all EEs for development of identified fisheries based infrastructure facilities