Based on further feedback and experience of implementation of the scheme, the guidelines are further revised with immediate effect. These revised guidelines will be applicable to Expression of Interest (EOI) issued by the Ministry for taking up new Integrated Scheme For COLD CHAIN Projects prospectively.
The objective of the scheme is to provide integrated cold chain, preservation and value addition infrastructure facilities without any break, from the farm gate to the consumer in order to reduce post-harvest losses of horticulture and non-horticulture agri-produce. This will enable linking groups of producers to processors and market through a well-equipped supply chain and cold chain, thereby ensuring remunerative prices to farmers and year-round availability of food products to consumers.
Eligible organizations/entities Scheme For COLD CHAIN
Integrated cold chain and value addition infrastructure projects can be set up by Partnership/Proprietorship Firms, Companies, Corporations, Cooperatives, Self Help Groups (SHGs),Farmer Producer Organizations (FPOs), NGOs, Central/State PSUs, etc. with business interest in cold chain solutions and also by those who manage supply chain.
Eligible facilities for calculation of grant Scheme For COLD CHAIN
Assistance under the scheme can be availed for creation of the following facilities:
- Integrated Pack-house (with mechanized sorting & grading line/ packing line/ waxing line/ staging cold rooms, etc.)
- Ripening Chamber(s)
- Cold Storage Unit(s) [Associated with value addition]
- Controlled Atmosphere (CA) storage [Associated with value addition]
- Frozen Storage/Deep freezers [Associated with value addition]
- IQF line, Tunnel Freezer, Spiral Freezer, Blast Freezer, Plate Freezer
- Vacuum Freeze Drying
- Milk Chilling / Bulk Milk Cooling/ Automatic Milk Collection Unit/ Milk Processing Unit (including packing) for which temperature control is necessary during some part of the processing. (Maximum 50 nos. of Milk Chilling or Bulk Milk Cooling or Automatic Milk Collection Unit to be assisted per project)
- Poultry/Meat/Marine/Fishery Processing Unit
- Packaging line for chilled /frozen/temperature controlled products
- Food Irradiation unit
- Refrigerated/ Insulated transport
- (m)Pre Cooling Unit(s)
- Mobile pre-coolers
- Retail refrigerated carts, temperature controlled solar powered retail carts (maximum 10 numbers to be assisted per project)
- Reefer boats (maximum 10 numbers to be assisted per project)
- Refrigerated Containers including multi-modal container units
- Renewable/ alternate energy technologies (solar, bio-mass, wind etc.) for the project. [maximum permissible cost is ₹35 lakh, as per MIDH norms]
- Accessories/support infrastructure/ utilities such as fixed racking system in Cold/CA storage, fork lifts, reach trucks, bins, insulated fish boxes, pallets, dock levellers, mezzanine flooring, ETP, boiler, CIP unit, Depodder, Peeler, Slicer/Dicer, Blancher, sorting/grading line, etc.
- In-house product testing laboratory
- Any other modern technology for temperature controlled storage, processing, value addition and preservation infrastructure as may be decided by Inter Ministerial Approval Committee (IMAC)
- Toilets, Septic tank, drainage, etc.
Pattern of assistance: – The scheme will have two types of pattern of financial assistance: –
- For storage infrastructure including Pack House and Pre cooling unit, ripening chamber and transport infrastructure, grant-in-aid @ 35% for General Areas and @ 50% for North East States, Himalayan States, Islands & ITDP Areas, of the total cost of plant & machinery and technical civil works will be provided.
- For value addition and processing infrastructure including frozen storage/ deep freezers associated and integral to the processing, grant-in-aid @ 50% for General Areas and @ 75% for North East States, Himalayan States, Islands & ITDP Areas, will be provided.
- For irradiation facilities grant-in-aid will be provided @ 50% for General Areas and @ 75% for North East States, Himalayan States, Islands & ITDP Areas.
Add a Comment