PLI Scheme for Millet Based Products Objective
The objectives of the Production Linked Incentive Scheme for Millet Based Products (PLISMBP) are to increase usage of millets in food products and promote its value addition. These objectives are sought to be achieved through incentivizing manufacture of selected millet-based products and their sale in domestic and export markets -PLI Scheme for Millet Based Products
Note : Last date for submission of application is 29/07/2022 upto 5:00pm
An applicant shall have total sale of all food products above minimum sales in the Base Year.
- Udyam Registration Certificate is mandatory for MSME Applicants.
- Incentive under the scheme shall be provided to the Applicants engaged in manufacturing or intending to manufacture eligible products in India & sales of such products.
- Applicant shall be required to achieve minimum CAGR of 10% on sales of the eligible products from the base year for grant of incentive.
- The Applicant may include eligible products which it is not manufacturing presently but intends to manufacture during the tenure of the scheme.
- The entire chain of manufacturing process, including primary processing, of eligible food products starting from raw materials to finished product covered in the Application for incentive under the Scheme is required to take place in India.
- The name of Applicant /Promoters should not appear in the Suit/Non-Suit Filed Cases (Willful Defaulters 25 lacs and above, defaulter? 1 crore and above) List of CIBIL and SEBI Debarred List as on the date of application.
The incentive payable for the selected applicant for a particular year shall be computed as follows: –
- Incentive for approved eligible product= Incremental Sales of approved Product x corresponding rate of incentive Total incentive payable to the selected applicant shall be aggregated for all the approved products.
- Incentive is payable from the year of selection up to the end of the Scheme period.
- The assessment of incremental sales shall be based on statutory filings with Government Departments / Agencies and audit reports and other documents as required by the PMA from time to time, for processing the claims.
- Every package of eligible product shall disclose the percentage of the Millet ingredient by weight /volume on label and will be subject to compliance of the regulations specified by FSSAI.
- The applicability of incentive would be based on % of Millet Content (which should be more than 15% by weight/volume) declared for a particular product at the time of application (Ref. Appendix C). During the Scheme period, Applicant may increase the millet content. However, decrease in millet content, for whatsoever reason, will not be permitted and in such case the approved product will be removed from the list of approved products for the purpose of incentive disbursement to the beneficiary. Mofpi may choose to get the necessary test done for checking the millet content in the eligible product (s), to ascertain the claim of the Selected Applicants.
- Period shall be made only once, unless withdrawn, and no subsequent part claims shall be allowed for the said period. Claims for disbursement of Incentive shall be filed by the Applicants within 8 months from the end of the financial year to which the claim pertains to.
APPENDIX A- INDICATIVE LIST OF ELIGIBLE MILLET BASED FOOD PRODUCTS
|SR.NO||PRODUCT CATEGORY||MILLET BASED PRODUCTS COVERED|
|1||Breakfast cereals and bars||Muesli & breakfast cereal, puff, flakes granola, breakfast protein bars|
|2||Bakery product||Millet cookie, Cakes, Rusks|
|3||Snacks / RTC & RTE||Noodles, Pasta, chips & crisps, Bread, Papad, Khakhra, Ice creams, extruded snacks, sweet & savour snacksNoodles, Pasta, chips & crisps, Bread, Papad, Khakhra, Ice creams, extruded snacks, sweet & savour snacks|
|4||Mixes||Dose, Idli, upma, Pongal & khichdi, Chakli mixes, Soup|
|5||RTD Beverages||Millet based Instant Drink Mix (Powdered/ liquid|
APPENDIX – B : ELIGIBLITY CRITERIA FOR DIFFERERNT CATEGORIES OF APPLICANTS
|Category of Applicants||Minimum Sales of All Food Products in 2020-21 (Rs Crore)|
APPENDIX C: RATES OF INCENTIVE ON INCREMENTAL SALES OF ELIGIBLE PRODUCT
|FINANCIAL YEAR||MILLET CONTENT MORE THAN 15% BY WEIGHT /VOLUME|
|Parameters||Max. Marks||Criteria||Marks||Supporting Documents required to be submitted by the Applicant|
|Average of Domestic Sales of all Food Products in last 3 years (FY2018-19 to FY2020-21)||More than zero & upto Rs.100 cr||10||Independent CA certificate or statutory auditor certificate as per the format|
|More than 100 Cr & upto Rs.250 cr||20|
|More than Rs.250 Cr & upto Rs.500 cr||30|
|More than 500 cr||40|
|Average of Export Sales of all Food Products in last 3 years (FY2018-19 to FY2020-21)||40||More than zero and upto < 50 crore||10|
|More than z50 crore & up to 150 crore||20|
|More than 150 crore & up to 250 cror||30|
|More than 250 crore||40|
|Average Sale of eligible food products in last 3 years (FY2018-19 to FY2020-21)||20||More than zero & upto 10 Crore||10|
|More than 10 crore & up to 25 crore||15|
|More than z 25 crore||20|
Add a Comment