National Handloom Development Programme (NHDP)

Components

A. Cluster Development Programme (CDP) (earlier known as Block Level cluster)

B. Handloom Marketing Assistance with special emphasis on uncovered & talented weavers.

C. Infrastructure & Special Projects including Indian Institutes of Handloom Technology (IIHT)-related projects

D. Mega Handloom Cluster [earlier known as Comprehensive Handloom Cluster Development Scheme (CHCDS)] E. Concessional Credit/Weavers’ MUDRALoan

F. Handloom Weavers’ Welfare {earlier known as Handloom Weavers Comprehensive Welfare Scheme (HWCWS)}

G. Miscellaneous ComponentsI. Research & Development projects II. Handloom Census III. Publicity, Advertisement, Monitoring, Training & Evaluation of Scheme IV. Education of weavers/their wards through National Institutes of Open Schooling (NIOS)/IGNOU

A. Cluster Development Programme (CDP)

The CDP focuses on development of weavers’ groups as a visible entity, so that the groups become self-sustainable.

A.1 Quantum of financial assistance and duration of the project The quantum of assistance for each cluster would be need based, depending on the requirement of the cluster, the scope of the activities envisagedtechnical, financial and managerial capacity of the cluster Organization, level of maturity and past track record of the cluster etc. Maximum permissible GoI financial assistance is upto Rs. 2.00 crore per cluster

A.3 Funding pattern

i) Other Interventions benefitting directly individual weavers like Hathkargha Samvardhan Sahayata and lighting units will be funded in the ratio of 90:10 by the GoI : Beneficiary

 (iii) Individual Workshed-BPL/SC/ST/Women/differentlyabled – 100% by GoI share. Others – 75% by the GoI: 25% beneficiary (iv) Common Workshed –90% by the GoI: 10% beneficiary (v) Solar Lighting System for Common Workshed – 90% by the GoI: 10% beneficiary

B. Handloom Marketing Assistance (HMA)

Components of HMA: 1. Domestic Marketing Promotion 2. Handloom Export Promotion 3. Setting up of Urban Haats 4. Marketing Incentive (MI)

B.1 Domestic Marketing Promotion Types of Expos/ Events, Craft Melas, Virtual Expos and Miscellaneous activities: (i) Domestic Expos (National Handloom Expo, State Handloom Expo & District Handloom Expo) (ii) Crafts Melas (iii) Dilli Haat Exhibits (iv) Brand Building (v) National Handloom Day (vi) Handloom Awards (vii) GeM On-boarding (viii) Miscellaneous Promotional activities/events (ix) Virtual Expos (For both domestic and international)

Guidelines for organizing Domestic expos: Funding pattern, participation, period for Expos/ Events, Craft Melas & Virtual Expos:

Detailed component-wise Financial Assistance to IA: B.1.(i)(a) National Handloom Expo (NHE)

Venue: Metropolitan and big cities · 40% of stalls to be reserved for the host region, remaining 60% amongst other four regions, North East being a separate region. · Handloom products of at least 10 States and UTs will be represented.

B.1.(i) (b) State Handloom Expo (SHE)

• Venue: Metropolitan and big cities • 40 stalls to be reserved for the host state, 20 preferably from outside the host State.

Tags: No tags

Add a Comment

Your email address will not be published. Required fields are marked *