The country is endowed with vast resources in terms of ponds & tanks, rivers & canals, reservoirs, lakes and other water bodies having immense scope for development of fisheries to strengthen the food security, generate employment opportunities and earn foreign exchange with the ultimate objective of improving the socio economic status of fishers and other people engaged in the sector. In this direction, the Government of India formulated and launched the Centrally Sponsored – fish feed schmedepment of Inland Fisheries and Aquaculture” fisheries subsidy
1. Fisheries and Aquaculture Infrastructure Development Fund (FIDF)Add Your Financial assistance - Fish feed
- Creation and modernization of capture & culture fisheries infrastructure
- Creation of Marine Aquaculture Infrastructure
- Creation and modernization of Inland Fisheries Infrastructure
- Reduce post-harvest losses and improve domestic marketing facilities through infrastructure support.
- To bridge the resource gap and facilitate completion of ongoing infrastructure projects fisheries subsidy
2. Blue Revolution - Fish feed
Blue Revolution, – fish feed scheme the Neel Kranti Mission has the vision to achieve economic prosperity of the country and the fishers and fish farmers as well as contribute towards food and nutritional security through full potential utilization of water resources for fisheries development in a sustainable manner, keeping in view the bio-security and environmental concerns. fisheries subsidy
Central financial assistance:-
- 50% of the project/unit cost for general States, leaving the rest to State agencies/organisations, corporations, federations, boards, Fishers cooperatives, private entrepreneurs, individual beneficiaries. fisheries subsidy
- 80% of the project/unit cost for North-Eastern/Hilly States leaving the rest to State agencies/Organizations, Cooperatives, individual beneficiaries etc.
- 100% for projects directly implemented by the Government of India through its institutes/organisations and Union Territories.-