Key takeaways from finance minister’s Aatmanirbhar bharat stimulate packages 3.0 includes
SOLACE TO HOME BUYERS AND DEVELOPERS
Circle Rate and Agreement Value differential increased from 10% to 20% (u/sec 43 CA), till 30th June 2021 (primary sale of residential units of value up to Rs 2 crore. Increase in differential would help the seller to sell the flats at 20% below circle rate, thereby clearing the inventory.
• In a transaction for home sale, the government would consider the sale as being at the circle rate and would calculate profit and tax. With no additional tax liability for developers with transactions executed at up to 20% lower than the circle rate, it is expected to lead to developers passing on the benefit to homebuyers.
• Additional allocation of INR 18,000 crore to be provided for PM Awaas Yojana (Urban) over the 2020-21 budget estimates.
• Infusion of INR 18,000 Crs may help 12 lakh houses to be grounded and for 18 lakh houses to be completed, along with 78 lakhs job creations
Atmanirbhar Bharat Rozgar Yojana” launched to incentivise creation of new employment opportunities during the COVID recovery phase. Scheme beneficiaries are new employees with wages less than INR 15,000/- and EPF member with less than INR 15,000 and got unemployed during COVID period (1.3.20 to 31.9.2020).
• Subsidy to be given to EPFO registered establishments that make new hires for covering the retirement contribution by employees and employers. Scheme would be operational till 30th June, 2021.
• Employees and employer’s contribution (12% of wages) would be given to establishments upto 1000 employees and only employees contribution (12%), for two years.
• Establishments to be registered with EPFO if min. 2 new employees are added as on Sep-20 with reference base of upto 50 employees and min. 5 employees with reference base of more than 50 employees.
EXTENSION IN ECLGS-1 & LAUNCH OF ECLGS-2
• In ECLGS-2, credit above 50 Crs and upto 500 Crs will be considered in 26 sectors identified by Kamath Committee & Healthcare Sector. For credit outstanding upto INR 50 Crs, ECGLS.1 will be applicable.
• No annual turnover capping in ECLGS-2 and benefits to MSMEs providing goods and services to eligible entities.
PLAN TO TAKE ON CHINA THROUGH PLI SCHEME
The 5 year Production Linked Incentives (PLI) scheme extended to ten more sectors. The total planned allocation for the same is INR 1.46 lakh crore. The table shows the details of planned expenditure ,as per sector.
PLI is part of the government’s plan to make India an attractive manufacturing destination and self reliant besides helping it emerges strong alternative to China. It aims to do this through reduced corporate tax rate of 25%, PLI benefits and phased manufacturing plan (PMP)
BOOST TO INFRA DEBT FINANCING
NIIF Strategic Opportunities Fund has setup a debt platform comprising an NBFC Infra Debt Fund and NBFC Infra Finance Company. The plat form has a loan book of Rs 8,000 crore and deal pipe line of Rs 10,000 crore.
•By 2025, NIIF will provide infrastructure project financing of Rs 1,10,000 crore.
• NIIF has already invested nearly Rs2,000 crore in equity of the platform, and the govt will be investing Rs 6,000 crore as equity, with the rest being raised from private investors.
•Presently Actual investments made by three NIIF funds indown stream funds, platforms and operating companies is Rs 18,676 crore.
BOOST TO FARMERS
Announcement of INR 65,000- crore fertilizer subsidy for farmers to ensure adequate availability of fertilisers to farmers.
•An additional outlay of Rs 10,000 crore will be provided for PM Garib Kalyan Rozgar Yojana in the current financial year
BOOST FOR INDUSTRIES CONTRACTORS & EXPORTS
Rs 10,200 crore additional budget outlay will be provided towards capital and industrial expenditure, which covers domestic defence equipment, industrial incentives, industrial infrastructure and green energy.
• Earnest money deposit (EMD) and performance security on govt tenders relaxed by reducing locking up of capital. No EMD will be required for tenders and will be replaced by Bid Security Declaration.
• Performance security on contracts will be reduced to 3%, and will be extended to ongoing contracts which are free of disputes. The relaxation for the contractors to be extended till 31st December, 2021.
• INR 3,000 crore will be released to EXIM Bank for promotion of project exports through lines of credit(LOC)under the IDEAS scheme.
• Exim Bank promotes Indian export by mandating recipient countries to import 75 percent valueof the LOC